The new Dresden Files book is out today! Jim Butcher's Skin Game is the 15th entry in the ongoing Harry Dresden saga. Unlike lots of long-running urban fantasy series, this one is still going strong. And I adore Harry, so naturally, I'm excited.
In light of this, here are 20 ways that you can share your enthusiasm for today's release of the new book.
- Wear a charm bracelet
- Order a really good steak sandwich and a beer
- Summer be damned, put on your black leather duster
- Carry on conversations with a skull
- Rent a VW bug for the day, blue if possible
- Get your hair done by a really handsome emotional vampire
- Form an uneasy alliance with the local lethal gangster
- Play a game of D&D
- Avoid unicorns at all costs
- Take nothing but cold showers
- Carry a staff
- Pepper your conversation with "hells bells" and "stars and stones"
- Find an empty, heavily wooded island that gives off a vague sense of personal doom, and spend some time there
- Adopt a dog. Try not to be surprised when he seems to have mystical powers.
- Wear a glove on your left hand
- Get involved in a sure-to-be-doomed romance
- Carry around a virtuous sword (OK, some of these ideas aren't great if you're planning to be in an airport today)
- Shun technology; refuse to carry your mobile phone
- Take out a cryptic classified ad in the local paper
- Try to get your own fairy godmother. Actually, maybe don't do that.
So that's my list today. How will you celebrate New Dresden Files Book Day — other than by reading it, of course?